Facebook Advertising: Why You Should Use it to Grow Your Business
- 6 min read
- Karla Sambolić
Why advertise on Facebook?Facebook is a great platform to grow your business. I’ll now talk about specific five reasons why you should start advertising on Facebook and explain them in detail. Here they are:
- Enormous reach and the ability to reach a specific audience
- Low costs
- Simple and fast to start
- Lots of advertising options
1. Enormous reach and the ability to target a specific audience.Like I’ve said, through Facebook you can easily reach billions of people. However, only a small fraction of those people are interested in your products or services. And it’s not prudent to advertise to general audience if you have a specific product only certain people will buy. You could end up wasting your budget quickly. What’s great about Facebook is that it enables you to define and target your preferred audience to the smallest detail. Facebook advertising allows you serve your audience targeted ads based on their location, age, interests, income levels, connections, what they like on Facebook and so on. There are dozens of parameters you can include when defining your audience, and Facebook helps you with recommendations.This kind of highly-focused targeting enables you to get more conversions at a lower cost, compared to other advertising methods (since you don’t waste your money needlessly on a wrong audience).
2. Low costsCompared to other online paid advertising channels like Google AdWords, Facebook ads come at a fraction of a price, with a minimum of $1 per day. Facebook advertising is especially cost effective when you use its advanced targeting options. Average CPC on Facebook is about $0.35 globally. That means that you will pay around $1 for three clicks on your ad – and the people who click are already most likely to buy, if you’ve created your audience correctly. It’s easy to see why Facebook ads have such high ROI.
3. Simple and fast to startYou probably already have a personal Facebook account. If you’re a business owner you most likely have also set up your Facebook Business Page. So when you start advertising on Facebook you will already be familiar with the interface. You can create your first campaign and ads in matter of hours, and start seeing first results in a day or two. And the best thing is you don’t need a huge budget – you can start with a small budget and slowly increase it as you earn more revenue from your ads. Managing your ad campaign is really easy by using Facebook Ads Manager or Power Editor. Power editor is a bit more complicated and it offers more options, but you can manage your campaigns through Ads Manager with only a few clicks.
4. Lots of advertising optionsOne of the biggest benefits Facebook has over other platforms is the fact that is offers a lot of advertising options you can use to reach your audience. You can start by creating classic FB text ads, use promotional videos or Instagram stories to name a few. In 2017 alone, Facebook has added so many features it’s getting hard to keep track of them all: Messenger Day, Live Video updates, improved ad reporting etc. You can choose one of them to advertise to your audience, or better yet, combine several types of ads for maximum effect.
How to start?I have talked about how Facebook is the leading platform in social media advertising, and explained the main benefits you can get from Facebook advertising. Low costs, great audience reach, simplicity…all these things make Facebook a great place to advertise your business and get results, fast. There are two ways you can start advertising on Facebook: you can try creating your ad campaigns, measure results and try out different things, learning and struggling as you go on. Or, you can hire a marketing agency to devise your Facebook marketing campaign, set it up and deliver the results to you. This way you can see your business grow while you focus on other things. The choice is yours, but either way, Facebook advertising is a good way to grow your business.
Best practices for building a website mockup and prototype
Often, things we imagine in our heads that seem great regularly turn out to be bad ideas when we put them in the real world, such as a piece of paper or a computer screen. They say that the picture is worth a thousand words. What if this is not just a picture but a…
Favicon: How it Impacts Web Design
We can find icons everywhere in our everyday lives: from road signs, store logos, to our laptop keyboards. Images help us interpret information better. Since getting the right information as fast as possible is crucial when dealing with internet technologies, it’s no wonder that icons are an integral part of web design, as well.In this…
Website Logo Mistakes – And How to Avoid Them
The logo is arguably the most essential aspect of any brand to get right. It’s purpose is to show the personality of a brand and instantly convey what the company does at a glance.Website is the first place where your logo is presented to customers. It is the most critical place for your logo to…
Elements of Good SEO Check
SEO Check is an audit process to check all elements important for the search engine ranking. It is essential to perform this process to better understand what improvements need to be made to realize the full potential of your existing content.There are few different elements that need to be reviewed and evaluated. As a result,…